What to do in Ubud, Bali: Have Some Dessert?

Yesterday I bought two postcards each for Anna and Alex with Tanah Lot and Tegalalang rice field as a background. I intended to write it when we both (Mbak Frida, a best friend and travel partner of mine, and I) returned to the hotel. But there was a high school friend who was been living in Ubud for work came to my place for having such reunion. We conversed and laughed late into the night; he told me a lot about his work and his fiancee soon-to-be. Ah almost forgot, he also congratulated me as I just did my bachelor exam (yahoo!). He then excused himself to go because the man next-door went back and forth at his living room with only an underwear on (and I couldn't take it hahahaha). Since he left, I wrote some words and putted the stamps on the postcards by using the rest of the energy I had (lol).

The place where we stayed provided a small pool. We aimed to swim in the morning because Mbak Frida had prepared a swimsuit just in case she had time for it and we actually had. Fyi, I  swim. But I noticed that the pool was not that deep, so we both went inside without fear anyway. But it turns out to be pretty deep (it was actually only two meters but for a girl who had no swimming skill and was panicking, it felt deep 😢) and I drowned just like that 😐. I was about to die. I thought I was about to die because instead of breathing, all I could inhale was water. I panicked frantically till two of hotel officers threw me a hose so I could go to the edge of the pool. I barely breathed....... sigh.

I said sorry to Mbak Frida for making her worried. She went blank and flustered.

Once we were a bit cool off, we returned to the room to take a shower before we went to the restaurant for breakfast.





After breakfast, we went to Jalan Raya Ubud (again) to post the postcards and another stroll haha.

Streets nearby.


Found the post box thanks to the bookstore clerk who gave us the direction hehehe.
The weather was scorching and we felt dehydrated. Therefore we chose to stop at Watercress that was busy because it was lunch hour.






We ordered cold drinks and cheesecake.






😋


The weather was sunny. The beverages and dessert were nice (the price was not too pricey compared to another cafes/pub). The place and its ambiance was pleasant (I could assume that foreign tourist tended to like it more since the tropical atmosphere was so strong).

Everything were going smooth and fine (except the drowning & running (a monkey suddenly appeared from a trash can and startled me) event hahaha).

Thank you for reading. Another post about Bali might show up! 😋

Comments

Popular Posts